Sunday, April 23, 2006

WO IS MONEY

Today it started with a comment my dear husband made.

Judy: I think I'll make another abstract painting today.
Peter: Yea, if you think it will sell......
Judy: I don't create what I think what other people will like. I create to please myself.
Peter: Your own words were you want to make a living from your painting. So why don't you paint what you know people will buy..............yata, yata, yata.
Judy: (I stick my fingers in my ears) Blah, blah, blah, I can't hear you.
Peter: You're acting like a big a baby.
Judy: And you're a great big @#$%^&* ass hole. (and I stomp upstairs to take a shower).
Thus goes the argument we've had at least 100 times.

It is so frustrating to get into these no win debates. I'm mad that so much of our/my success or feeling of being successful is quantified by the almighty dollar.
I want to just stop, take it easy, get inspiration and paint what I love and paint from my heart and soul. I am taking a risk putting it out there for all to see and judge. So putting some arbitrary number on one of my creations is one the hardest thing I do. Lately I've just said 75 cents per square inch and you make an offer.......
Men anyway they are just so left brained.

No comments: