Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Rain, rain go away come again some other day.


This is the latest and improved RAVEN AND SALMON it's at the Alaska State Fair.
It rained everyday for over two weeks and when it hailed the lake looked like it was boiling.
The Little Sue River over ran its banks and took some homes and cabins with it, there is some flooding people are reporting salmon swimming in their yard. Everything is so soggy, my son played football in the torrential rains regardless. He is so athletic and I'm so proud.
My birthday was on August 20th, school started August 22, my beautiful granddaughter Rhaya's birthday is today August 23rd, Rhayas mom my beautiful daughter Charmaine is being transferred to London, England, so there is a trip to England in my future.

I have been working a graveyard shift 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. I stay up all night and sleep half the day (I love it) nighttime is when I feel most creative, so not much time or energy to blog.

On the artistic front my encaustic wax class is starting Friday in Girdwood and next week is the State Fair where I will be demonstrating. I've got to get my supplies and ideas organized and together. Five of my pieces are already at the Fair. I hope I get a blue ribbon. Here are a couple of salmon from the Salmon on Parade which I will be sharing space with during my demonstration.

Nuts and Bolts Salmon

Sweater Salmon


The days are getting shorter and I've started taking my Prozac to keep Cabin Fever at bay.
Ok maybe that's a little too personal but as far as I can tell my blog is quite anonymous. It's a good exercise in journaling none the less.

1 comment:

Judy Vars said...

Thank you Elise I've been super busy so I haven't been doing my blogging much. Best of luck in your move and new opportunity. I will keep up with you even if you're in Oregon and not Alaska.
I am going to check on 'Granny now and then off to the fair to do encaustic demonstrations.