Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Does it get any better than this?


I usually take my camera everywhere I go just to get that quintessential Alaska photograph. Here is last nights sunset, I must use the word AWESOME to describe this one.
I have an idea for another work of art inspired by the scenery in the movie Marie Antoinette I loved the hedges and trees pruned to be perfect rectangles, triangles and circles it doesn’t seem real yet it is. The movie was like eye candy so over the top and flamboyant my husband would call it a “chick flick.”

So this morning I woke up inspired and ready to paint, but when the phone rang and someone needed me to teach because her kid was sick, I dropped my plans - everything I’d started and ran out the door. This did not add to my serenity at all! Instead I grumbled at myself.

I have been thinking about my schedule. I fly in all directions at once, I waste time piddling around with office work when I really hate it! I procrastinate the things that would most benefit me and my career. I plan to make a schedule where I include my priorities such as exercise, paint, walk the dogs, paint, meditate, paint, take a soak, paint, eat a leisurely lunch, paint, promote my artwork and paint. If the phone rings and someone needs me for something and I really don’t want to do it. I give myself permission to just say no. This might sound strange to some people but I am the original co-dependant it’s a dis-ease and I’m working on it.

Today I will do something that is good for me even if it feels uncomfortable.
“Self discipline is self caring” M. Scott Peck

And if that doesn’t work I can always run away from home.
SERENITY NOW!

1 comment:

Patti Gibbons said...

Oh do I know about not being able to say no. It is so hard. I did it tonight. NO, I am NOT going to this meeting. It is snowy, it is cold, I am tired, and I can't, I won't!

Why is it so hard to take care of ourselves. Ah, we learn a little piece every day.... xxxpatti