Monday, February 26, 2007

I work well under pressure.......

Earlier this morning I'm still feeling sick nursing my sore throat and cold when Carmen calls. I had agreed weeks ago to paint something with an
  • Iditarod
  • interest for the Wasilla Museum. At the time I just wasn't "feelin it "no inspiration or ideas. So today when I get the call that the art is due on Wednesday I say OH NOOOOOOOO. I did not want to let anyone down epically at the Museum. I forgot all about feeling sick and found a photo that I took several years ago and painted it with wax. This photo was taken a second before the dog team got all tangled up,tumbled and fell it was quite funny looking. This painting is actually one of three I am doing a triptych. It will need further refining but it's not too bad so far. I love how encaustic wax lends itself to impressionist style paintings and helps me keep it loose.
    Gentle feedback is always encouraged.

    No comments: