Tuesday, July 03, 2007

ART FOR SALE - Please Go Take A Look :)

I received an e-mail from a close sister/friend Laura who gently chided me for the sad state of my web-site. I haven't updated it for more than 2 years.
I feel so embarrassed. I have tons of excuses:
1. I DON'T KNOW HOW! I didn't build it.
2. I only know enough html to make e-bay pages from a template.
3. My son took a web design class at my suggestion but still is too busy to help me.
4. I want to completely revamp my site and look for a brand, I need inspiration.
5. I need a web-designer to help me make it perfect.
blah, blah, blah

So as an alternative I spent the day getting on board with Boundless Gallery. Check the sidebar. This is a good solution to offer my art for sale on line with a minimum of hassle. They only charge you their commission when the art sells, unlike e-bay who has the whole thing rigged in their favor, like the slots in Vegas.
They have cool features like a color picker, you can upload a photo of your own room and see how the art will look in your living space. How trick is that.

Boundless Gallery has some drawbacks however; I cannot link to my home page within the web site because it's against the user’s agreement. They only charge a commission on sales made through boundlessgallery.com so they view links to other sites as potential lost sales. I understand the logic. I can direct people to the homepage but to find me Judy Vars one must search in the browse and shop categories under artists.
They have 2,300 + artists. I should find out how many art buyers they have.

Still my old web web site Cabin Fever In Alaska needs an overhaul sigh.......

Also I got together the artwork I am taking to Girdwood Forest Fair this Friday and I even got some laundry done and made dinner. Now I'm going to watch Americas Got Talent. CUDOS for me. Did anyone reach the bottom of this blog?
Judy

No comments: