Monday, March 10, 2008

A Vingnette of Venus Rising copied from Bottecelli

My version of Venus Rising by Bottichelli turned out lovely her eyes are bigger and a few other obvious differences, I guess that a career of being an art counterfeiter is out of the question.

Well, I've got a brilliant idea for an encaustic piece. With partners help we bought a 1 x 4 x 9 foot piece of pine and we cut 15 3.5" pine wood squares and with rabbit glue i stuck on the canvas. They are the size of tiles, each one will be different each its own work of art. I'm thinking of icons or iconic things, letters, ravens, hearts, things that create a theme. The idea is that it goes together as a whole but it can be arranged and rearranged.

If anyone has any ideas for images, techniques, colors etc. I am open to suggestions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is beautiful!! ty so much for all your kind words on my blog... i appreciate your comments :)!