Friday, April 30, 2010

The Lovely Bones

This book The Lovely Bones and movie The Lovely "bones goes perfectly with my illness. Yesterday I read The Lovely Bones by Alice Seabold and today I watched it on Pay Per View. It was sad, haunting and beautiful story about the murder of a young girl. I had this book for years before I felt in the mood to read it. The screen play was naturally different timelines changed and there were not the layers and depth to the story but the acting was good and the visions of the inbetween world were well done, I recommend it.

It has been at least four weeks and I am still sick coughing myself silly and drinking my special concoction, Theraflu, lemon and honey tea, yummy! Today I finally went to see the doctor after coughing, chills, fever, and feeling generally horrible. The Doctor said I have bronchitis. Now I have the antibiotics and cough medicine I need I'm sure to feel better soon . Why am I so stubborn when it comes to visiting the Doctor? So after weeks of milking this thing getting sympathy and being waited on I'm getting sick of being sick.
Television is my companion and my guilty pleasure, from Dr. Who to Nurse Jackie, The United States of Tara, True Blood, The Office, Regis and Kelly, the Independent Film channel lots of movies and when Peter gets the remote its the History channel and how things are made. I have watched so much television it makes me embarrassed to admit it. I have an urge to throw it out the window. Well folks thanks for listening to me whine
I wish you all a long and happy life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your clear, self-honesty/appraisal, Judy. You've always seen the world in a unique way. When you put words to your feelings/thoughts I always find I agree... if not immediately then eventually.
I love you.
ox, Laura