Monday, June 26, 2006

Cabin Fever (what's in a name?)

OK so I've heard some flack about my choice in the name Cabin Fever In Alaska. Shut Up! I like the name. If you live in Alaska and have experienced SAD ie cabin fever then you know what it is. Still its all just tongue and cheek ment to be funny and clever. I googled the phrase cabin fever and here are my interesting results
Cabin Fever Distress or anxiety caused by prolonged confinement in a small or remote place, as in We've been snowed in for a week and everyone has cabin fever. Originating in the West, this term at first alluded to being penned up in a remote cabin during a long winter but has since been applied more broadly. [Late 1800s]

Boredom, restlessness, or irritability that results from a lack of environmental stimulation, as from a prolonged stay in a remote, sparsely populated region or a confined indoor area.
Cabin Fever the Movie for a real scare.

What the _ell am I doing here anyway the temperature is going to reach 75 degrees today and the sunset is not until 11:30 pm and then its twilight all night. What is the complete oppisite of SAD that is what I have today.

No comments: