Sunday, July 16, 2006

What Kind of Mind are You?

Help I can't get off my arse get busy and paint. Yesterday I went to the Bear Paw Festival in Eagle River and forgot my camera.

I do a lot of forgetting. I bought myself a new pen and a new sketch pad to take notes, it usually starts out Things I Gotta Do, Things I Must Remember, shopping lists, journals, good ideas etc. My lists, notes, and journals are all over the house so where are the lists? Where did I write it? Where are all the phone numbers?,! business cards?,! and e-mails?,! and articles on how to get organized??! Yes I've read all about how to simplify your life cleaned out my closet and thrown away tons of stuff. Still sadly I battle with the family malady packratism. Where most people see junk I see JUNQUE all things could be potentially useful. The heart shaped rock, rusted piece of barbed wire, lens from grandpas bifocals, interesting broken parts from I can't tell where, well you get the idea.

But,I get to feel good about myself because I am a recycler and I can make my statement about saving the planet. You other wasters (you know who you are) should learn a lesson from me. Hey I just found my moral high ground. This blog can be very therapeutic.

Are there any creative geniuses out there that are just way too right brained to be able to organize anything?

Oh by the way while we're on the subject of recycling, it's time to start watching the progress of the Burning Man Festival. in the Black Rock Desert of Nevada.

The Art Theme for Burning Man 2006 will be "Hope and Fear: The Future", wherein we explore how we create futurity, manifested as an expression of the promise of our hopes, and the contractions of our fears.

Your Brain's Pattern

You have a dreamy mind, full of fancy and fantasy.
You have the ability to stay forever entertained with your thoughts.
People may say you're hard to read, but that's because you're so internally focused.
But when you do share what you're thinking, people are impressed with your imagination.

No comments: