Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Remains of the Day


These are the remains of the day one of those fiery sunsets that make you stop and pause before it passes. My intent today was to have fun well it was not to be, instead I substituted for 8th grade science class. Some kid in the back broke a pen open and wiped it all over the top of the desk. I'm pretty sure I know who did it but she denied it even though there was ink on her hands. I got the maintenance person in to clean before it ruined the desk. Ooooo I really don’t like those 12,13,14 year old brats. I think it was because when I was junior high kid I really didn’t like me much. I know, I know just go back and conjure up little Judy and ask her why she is so mad then give her hugs and love. I really have work to do in that area especially if I want to effectively teach them.

I helped Dawn Diaz take some photographs of her art and learned a few things like how to get the camera straight, how to aim at the center and how to adjust the lighting.
Here is a sample from her "Something From Nothing" series.

No comments: