Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Zooper Bowl and Purple Rain

Why isn't Zooper Bowl Sunday a National Holiday? We sure treat it like one. The game of football confuses me although I devotedly watch my son playing on his high school team. The real reason I watch it is to see the clever commercials and of course Prince at half-time.
The artist known as Prince is so sexy in an androgynous sort of way. And will someone tell me why he hasn't aged since he made the movie Purple Rain? Prince is actually 48 or 49. But baby can he spank that guitar and sing OH YEAH! Singing Purple Rain in the Purple Rain, just poetic.

I never meant 2 cause u any sorrow
I never meant 2 cause u any pain
I only wanted 2 one time see u laughing
I only wanted 2 see u laughing in the purple rain

So I ask myself, what is purple rain? The Urban Dictionary
n. A restless feeling. A non-descript feeling of boredom, restlessness and confinement. A feeling one has when wanting to escape from responsibility (chiefly emotional) by traveling. Sometimes synonymous with 'wanderlust.' The desire to travel in order to escape an emotional commitment.

Or a cocktail another name for sizurp or: One part strawberry soda (8oz), one part cough syrup, one teaspoon crushed codeine.

Oh yes, I understand Purple Rain I love to dance in purple rain.

No comments: