Sunday, April 15, 2007

Shorty the Lion

This little gem was created by my 1st grandson Max. Not to be braggadocios but he is a real brain. He loves higher math even though he is only eight, he is a musician, an artist, a comedian, a trickester, a real boy with the snips and sails and puppy dog tails.

We went over to my daughter Nicole's house tonight for her birthday party and were treated to the best Indian food this side of India. They love to cook interesting foods they use it to teach their kids about other places and different ideas sometimes they get books make props and really go all out. It’s always an interesting and fun experience to enjoy one of their feasts. The meal featured three kinds of chutney from Alaska berries they had collected from the surrounding area, homemade flat bread, sweet coconut rice, yogurt and cucumber, curry flavored potatoes. Oh my it was delicious and colorful they even served it on banana leaves.

I gave her the book I made Raven Steals the light since she had given me so many hints. I even posted the book on my blog to make her worry. I could see the look on her face when she thought I was going to sell it. Hee hee its fun to torment and tease it makes the gift more fun to give.

Ahhh yes as sand through the hour glass so are the days of our lives, now I'm the grandmother and the matriarch sometimes it seems a little unreal. I swear it was just yesterday I was her age, that’s when I had my last child Porter 17 years ago. But I'm not saying how old she is and I'm not saying how old I am. And that’s all I am going to say about that.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE – You will always be perfect in my eyes.
I love you forever and always. MoM

No comments: