Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Zen of Photography - Miksang

Mr. Nelson the cat likes to bite the heads off the mice and leave them lying about the yard for the flies to eat. This little photo was taken with the telephoto setting on my camera.

I learned a new word/concept today from Robert Genn" at The Painters Keys newsletter. Miksang The art of contemplative photography the Tibetan word miksang translates to mean "good eye." Fascinating isn't it? At photography I am a dilettante. My camera is an Olympus with 7.1 megapixles, 10 X zoom, it has a macro lens, and I can make 45 second movies. It's a neat camera. Just take out your digital camera and walk around your around the yard and take photos using the macro. Afterwards have a slide show you will be taken away, Zen-like, to a world of amazing detail, colour and design.

This is what I saw the beautiful iridescent green colors of their bodies shining in the sun. Not a nasty dead mouse with no head and some filthy flies laying their icky maggot eggs.
"To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour." (William Blake)

No comments: