Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The North Wind Doth Blow...

...and we shall have snow,And what will poor robin do then, poor thing?He'll sit in a barn and keep himself warm and hide his head under his wing, poor thing.
It's been a cold cold blustery 3 days the wind is whipping around with gusts of 90 miles per hour the wind chill is soooooo cold so very cold, power outages and trees falling on homes, but weirdly no snow for Christmas yet.
Life keeps on lifeing, there are my responsibilities, there is school, work, shopping, cooking and I haven't even started the Christmas preperations. In this blustery, cold winter day, I wish I could get one of my sick headaches just as an excuse to get under the covers and drink some Theraflu nighttime strength and read my book. But instead I'll bake some banana bread.

Good News! the http://www.palmermuseum.org/ Palmer Museum of History and art accepted my painting of "Raven and Salmon" as one of the five finalists. Geri the curator told me that their pick will go to the http://www.rasmuson.org/Rasmusson Foundation final approval. They will display the art in their collection for a time. wow

When I found out Monday they wanted to see my peice I enhanced the salmon and made him even more beautiful. That is the beauty of encaustic wax you can paint or change it anytime. Geri said that the photograph does not depict how striking the piece is. I gave the excuse: how hard it is to photograph encaustic artwork and how hard it is to capture the three-dimensionality of the work and the depth and luminosity etc. Sell it baby. I hope that they choose my piece but I have learned in the past not to get to emotionally invested in the outcome and to try and not let it affect my mood or how I feel about myself as a human being. Like the program says; Just Let it Go or more accurately "let go and let God." Still I am optimistic, there is one thing I can say is mine is the most contemporary.


Close up of salmon

No comments: