Monday, April 14, 2008

I Am An Artiste' and a Few Other Things

I tend to look at people who have a wonderful talent with awe and respect, artists have the power to touch others souls and spirits in some way, transport them somewhere else if even just for a moment. The definition of artist is less romantic:
Artist
1. One, such as a painter, sculptor, or writer, who is able by virtue of imagination and talent or skill to create works of aesthetic value, especially in the fine arts.
2. A person whose work shows exceptional creative ability or skill: You are an artist in the kitchen.
3. One, such as an actor or singer, who works in the performing arts.
4. One who is adept at an activity, especially one involving trickery or deceit: a con artist.

To the end of honing my skills as an artist I am looking foreword to a class by Dean M. Larson
of San Francisco http://www.deanmlarson.com/ five days immersed in art learning from an accomplished artist for me its as good as it gets.

Max my 9 year old grandson got just back from a field trip to Washington D.C.! He told me about visiting with Lisa Murkowski, Don Young and Ted Stevens, he is funny desccribing Teds speech to the class; "blah, blah, blah, oil, blah, blah, blah, north slope, blah, blah, blah, oil production" one poor kid fell asleep. At National Museum of Art he told me of a wax painting of a man that looked like a photograph when you steped back and he said his most memorable sight was the painting of Mona Lisa the eyes really follow you.

p.s. to Hypnotic Steve if you think that I would give you or anyone else 20% of my earnings for coaching services, all I can say is "on what planet? you're not just a little nuts you're a con artist."

p.s.s. How dissapointing the fish eyes were too big for my silver salmon so I still have to wait.

No comments: