Thursday, April 10, 2008

Time, time, time

If the average lifetime has approximately 30,000 days then 68% of my days are spent. It seems strange thirty thousand does not seem like a huge number in terms of days, weeks perhaps, the weeks in an average lifetime is a mere 4,286.
Time the phases of the moon, the click of the second hand the beat of the heart this is linear time. This is the way we measure time. Einsteins theory is that time depends on the reference of the observer. In altered states one might say it's 10:00 but what does 10:00 mean? A psychic relates to time in a non temporal way catching glimses of the past and future. Wise people tell us " If you regret the past or worry about the future you should on your present" (I paraphrase).

This has been my day swimming around in circles, wondering why I don't seem to get anything accomplished and simultaneously knowing that I am.

But what minutes! Count them by sensation, and not by calendars, and each moment is a day. ~Benjamin Disraeli
Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
~William Shakespeare
It's time to sleep says that nagging voice in my head, but I might miss something.
~Judy Vars

No comments: