Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Do Something Nice and Sing Silly Songs

My wonderful Friend Yoby called me the other day and left a song on my answering phone "You Are My Sunshine My Only Sunshine" so I called her back and sang "Give Said The Little Stream" a song I learned when I was about 3 years old. She called back and sang "Happy Mothers Day To You" and I in return sent her the "I Love Myself the Way I am Song."

I love myself the way I am, there's nothing I need to change.I'll always be the perfect me, there's nothing to rearrange.I'm beautiful and capable, of being the best me I can.And I love myself, just the way I am.

Silly I know but that simple gesture of hers reminded me that singing little songs that I learned as a child immediately lifts my spirits , it even prompted me to perform a random act of kindness that no one else knows about (except me). It feels good to help others and be more cheerful. Now we are collecting little uplifting songs like "I Am A Child Of God."
Thank you Yobbers for being "you, you, you oh wonderful you."

No comments: