Thursday, June 12, 2008

Contemporary Encaustic Wax Squares and the Weather



Title: Urban Sunset #1 and #2
Artist: Judy Vars
Medium: Encaustic Wax Collage
Dimensions: 12" X 11"
Price: 90.00

check them out on e-bay and save some money or BUY IT NOW!
http://www.ebay.com/ search for Judy Vars cabinfeverinalaska
It's 10:00 pm it's not dark and I can't sleep! The longest day of the year is approaching, on that day I stay up all night and keep my annual vigil. These days are unique, choose, what is your favorite time of the day, morning, midday, afternoon, sunset? Whatever time you pick the hours linger, my morning cup of coffee can last hours. This year summer is dragging its feet there have been too many cloudy days, yet when I start to whine for those 75 degree days I see the weather in the (lower 48) hot riotous weather and I'm glad I'm not there. There are things I miss like crickets and city lights still Alaskas a great place to live.
Factoids: Wasilla, AK climate is cool during summer when temperatures tend to be in the 50's and extremely cold during winter when temperatures tend to be in the 10's. The warmest month of the year is July with an average maximum temperature of 69.90 degrees Fahrenheit, while the coldest month of the year is January with an average minimum temperature of 6.70 degrees Fahrenheit.
Todays
Sunrise 4:20 am
Sunset 11:39 pm

No comments: