Monday, December 08, 2008

Sunrise:10:03am, Sunset 3:37pm 5 hours and 34 minutes, 14 days till winter solstice Hang in there baby, you can do it...

Today,I decided that I am going to paint while the sun shines so from eleven until three thirty I was in my bliss painting.
I started another Icon the Black Madonna, it's going to be interesting and controversial, but for now it's a secret. Not all my paintings are masterpieces some are my experiments, my adventures beyond my comfort xone but they teach me so much. I ask myself questions like, why do I love to paint icons? Answer: They are mysterious, potent, rich, powerful, beautiful and full of symbolism. I'm drawn to paint them.
Good nite all, God bless and sweet dreams.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh i cant wait to see that one!!! what a great way to spend the daylight!!! hang in there, judy, spring is surely coming :)

Patti Gibbons said...

I too am on the countdown for longer days..but man, I thought it was bad HERE....the sun not coming up till 10 am sucks! But you do have the advantage of those long days and nights on the other end...which we don't quite get here.

Keep painting and posting and getting by day by day, (with the song in the background from Hair...)