Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Mid Winter Nights Musings


That is the title of the next show I am entering it is a mixed media event at the Girdwood Center for the Visual Arts. It is going to be an encaustic, oil, with an old window frame, bark, likken, twigs and such. I have got so many projects going at one time and so many creative ideas that my head is spinning. The need to be more organized and make lists is so important, I am working hard on making better work habits, becoming a better artist, and not becoming so overwhelemed. Remember this is supposed to be fun.
Right brained people unite! We need all the help we can get.

I painted this pomegranite the other night with oil sticks and my fingers it was fun to do. It looks juicy and delicious. The scan is a little dark but who cares at this point. What do you think?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

it was a litlte hard to see and i was hoping you were going to tell me what it was :). cause it looks a litlte like a piece of meat lying there until i knew what it was!!!!

Judy Vars said...

LOL a pieced of meat I asked for it!

Patti Gibbons said...

I thought it was a piece of meat laying on top of dentures! OMG...it is really cool....and I LOVE IT.
I love that it can look like more than one thing......xxp

Judy Vars said...

You are just trying to make me feel good. LOL