Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Art of Assemblage - click on picture for a larger view

When Kay Klose the Curator of two Spirits gallery bought my Frida Assemblage she asked me if I would be receptive to teaching assemblage art. Well it's just like me to jump in with both feet so I said great! I love to make assemblage art and I love to teach creative people what I know about my craft. I will be teaching the art of assemblage at the Two Spirits Gallery in Anchorage. This is an opportunity to do a little art therapy, one of the art fields I would love to learn more about. One of my biggest frustrations or should I say challenges is to create art that inspires me, or makes me think outside the box, or is beyond my comfort zone in some aspects (that way I learn) vs painting the things I think people will want to buy.

Assemblage art is a non-conventional art form using found objects. Based on the artists personal vision the objects are imbibed with new meanings and associations sometimes telling a story and sometimes unearthing feelings that need to see the light of day.

I enjoy workshops for that reason it's just a chance to play again ,mingle with creative people and make a piece of artwork that it uniquely one-of-a-kind.
To make it more affordable the class is $35.00.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what a great workshop that sounds like! oh, how i wish i could come! maybe patti from eat man drink water and i will flap our arms and fly up!!! :)

Judy Vars said...

That would be sooo cool maby someday you should fly up! :)