Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Loon Today Saint Tomorrow



Loon Magic
Original Oil Painting
16" x 20"
by
Judy Vars
It is finished and signed, this one turned out nice. I won't show you the failed attempts to paint animals just the ones that good ones.
Lately I have given myself a strict schedule and am driving myself to get er done. In the morning I take a five mile walk to work. When I get back to my studio I set my stopwatch and do nothing else but paint for at least 4 hours. It's very interesting how much painting gets done, the last three days I've done a painting a day. Encaustics go rather quickly and I get some amazing paintings. I have two shows coming up, a mini show at The Girdwood Center for The Visual Arts in July 16th to 31st and the show at the Madd Matters in Palmer in August. It would be great if I had all new work. I do not have a name for this show yet. I am creating encaustic paintings, some assemblage, oils and icons all the things I love to do. I hope from that eclectic soup will come a theme or idea.
Tomorrow I will post St Jude, patron saint of hopeless cases.

2 comments:

Patti Gibbons said...

what a beautiful painting. You inspire me sista. xxxp

Judy Vars said...

You're so nice to say so. I love your landscapes also.