Sunday, December 20, 2009

The way I like to celebrate Winter Solstice in Alaska....


on December 21st the shortest day of the year and if cabin fever isn't bad enough I will stay in my pajamas all day. I have some new pretty flannel pj's black with a white flower pattern, they will be comfy, warm and fashionable if I have to go somewhere. Most of the Christmas gifts are bought and wrapped the grocery shopping can wait. I want to work on my angel icon painting I am doing for Christmas, perhaps I will do some cleansing and releasing rituals, light all my candles, later we are invited to my daughters house for our Mexican feast tradition fondly known as Pasada Night. It's a joke when I show up every year in my jammers but who cares we're family.
I will light all my candles and thank my creator for all the love and people to love in my life.
This is my new infinity candle, it seems appropriate as a symbol for the infinite blessings in my life.
Thank you for this wonderful life.

1 comment:

K. Bustillos said...

Great photo! Sounds like you guys have a nice solstice tradition. Jammies are always a good thing as far as I'm concerned : )