Thursday, June 03, 2010

How To Overcome Painters Block JUST DO IT!


"I do not know myself how I paint it. I sit down with a white board before the spot that strikes me. I look at what is before my eyes, and say to myself, that white board must become something." (Vincent van Gogh)
Painting is a faith, and it imposes the duty to disregard public opinion. (Vincent van Gogh)
This is one of at least 12 self portraits of the master and according to Wikipedia one of the most expensive paintings of all time in 1998 it sold for 71.5 million

Ah yes, Vincent Van Gogh, How I admire his earnest talent. The compulsion to paint even though people didn't get him and he did not sell his work, it was just what he had to do. Even though he walked the razors edge his passion for painting kept him going.
Call me crazy but I'd like some of the madness that drove Vincent to paint, paint, paint.

No comments: