Friday, May 25, 2007

Quoth the Raven, `Nevermore.'


Artist: Judy Vars
TITLE: Raven and Skeleton
Medium: Encaustic Wax Collage
Dimensions: 8" x 13"
Date: May 2007

While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door-
Only this, and nothing more." Edgar Allan Poe

Oh boy! Now it's really time for my bed! But with all this light I’m not tired. It's a type of insomnia that people new to Alaska sometimes get but it still affects me. Certain people like me are unable to sleep because of the light! Well I get a weird manic feeling under my skin and like to stay up all night painting. I have always fought sleep anyway, but I know that if I stayed awake for 24,48,72 hours that I could have a complete psychotic meltdown and that might not be very pretty.
The night is a twilight world that exists between darkness and daylight. The loons start their hauntingly beautiful calls and my imagination is working overtime.
I do not have any sleeping pills but a nice glass of warm milk sounds lovely and may help me relax. I hope, wish me luck.

No comments: