Sunday, May 27, 2007

I Waited All Day Long for Inspiration


"Inspiration is highly overrated," says photo realist artist Chuck Close. "If you sit around and wait for the clouds to part, it's not liable to ever happen." I share his assessment of the creative process. The paintings I've produced owe their existence largely to my hard work, which generated a burst on inspiration every now and then but mostly gets things done without much flash.
Still I was wishing if wait in hopeful anticipation that an epiphany would happen. But as always "just doing it" is the only way to make art. Ideas are not my problem they are free floating and come to me 20 times a day its the blood, sweat and tears that make art.

Today it was just nice to laze around and wait for inspiration.
We did take out our little flat bottom Pelican boat scrub the deck, and put it in the water. The motor batteries are charging and we should be ready to take it out tomorrow and fish. Expect some awesome photos of the loons, muskrat and swans this summer. This is a photograph of my little corner of the world, inspiration is always close at hand if I stay grateful, pay attention, stop whining and do the work.

No comments: