Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years Day

Sunset on Beverly Lake 3:47 p.m.


A few years ago my daughter took me to see Mindwalk I was so impressed with this movie that I have seen it several times and shared it with friends. A politician, Sam Waterston a poet, John Heard and a scientist, Liv Ulman meet at sunrise at the monastery of Mont St. Michel off the Normandy coast and have a fantastic intellectual conversation that lasted until sunset. But what struck a chord in my heart was what Liv said.... "I came to this place to explore my theory of connectedness, I walk everyday no matter the weather and observe. I think one thought to its conclusion."

I want to be that woman! a part of the natural world. I want to walk every day and just be at peace, observe, learn to think one thought to its conclusion ,and of corse paint from my heart and reach others in a meaningful way.

This is the first day of my observations and I am keeping a journal in a beautiful hand made book that I got myself for Christmas.
Moonrise on Beverly Lake @ 3:47 p.m.

No comments: