Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Beware the Ides of March


I helped my friend
  • Dawn Diaz
  • hang her show "ENERGY PAINTINGS" and we took my show down from the Espresso Cafe (it hung for an extra month). We postponed the job for a week because of the high winds. The wind was still blowing yesterday gusts of up to 75 mph and it was soooooo bloody cold with the wind chill. She pulled her wagon right up to the door still the large canvas’ were like a sail, we almost flew away hoisting them in. The wind snatched my sunglasses off my face and I had to chase them and just holding my car door open was miserable.
    I kept thinking "beware the ides of March" why? It turns out the ides mark the full moon or according to the Greek calendar March 15Th it was the soothsayers warning to Julius Caesar in Shakespeares play that made it ominous.
    This is how Vincent painted the wind.
    PAINTING FOR THE WIND
    Cut a hole in a bag filled with seeds of any kind and place the bag where there is wind. Yoko Ono

    No comments: