Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sandra Fongemie

I finally got to meet this lady, I have heard wonderful things about her from my great friend Michelle Mathison. She has two large Eskimo paintings by this woman. She used to say I own two original Sandra Fongemies and two original Judy Vars'. She was so good for my ego. Michelle moved to Hurricane, Utah several years ago but she had the Antique Barn at the Alaska State Fair and Sandra F. has a honey booth. They know each other very well so it was fun to bring up Michelles name to her, we had some laughs and as we reminised about our fun old friend Michelle. Sandra Fongemie displays a couple of pieces every year at her booth but this was her first show ever and it looks brillant. She is waving to you Michelle!You can tell from this photo what a wonderful special lady Sandra is. I hope she won't mind me mentioning that now she had M.S. so she now uses acrylics rather than oil and has to paints them on the floor. Her paintings are even more awesome in my opinion her style is likened to Gauguin and her colors happy are inspirational.
Sampson the Strongest Dog in Alaska.
Sampson won the dog pull on Tudor Road for Ididarod Days one past year.

No comments: