Friday, December 14, 2007

Burrr Frickin Burr or I've been Scrooged

Tis the season to be jolly fa frickin la de da da da......Why am I so damn bitchey? Because Christmas time is stupid......In other words go Scrooge yourself :( I did check it out!http://www.scroogeyourself.com/?id=1410325680

I called my blog Cabin Fever in Alaska meant to be tongue and cheek but now in the deepest part of winter it's not so funny. Sunrise is 10:10 and sunset is 3:35 pm. This picture was taken today from my backyard at 3:30 p.m. the temperature is a cool crisp 5.8 degrees. I’ve got get rid of these winter blues soon because it feels bad very bad.
When I moved to Alaska I thought cabin fever was a story that old sourdoughs told to Chi-cha-cos (a native word for naïve white people new to Alaska) well I found out that it’s a very real malady called S.A.D. seasonal affect disorder. I found the very best preventive medicine is good sweaty exercise and wholesome foods. Since my exercise and eating regime is in the toilet and I opted not to take antidepressants this winter (big mistake)it’s catching up to me. This is my plan on the Winter Solstice, Friday, December 21st, I plan to get sick... this way I will spend the entire winters day in bed with the electric blanket turned up to mother. I will surround myself with my books, journals and chocolate truffles. This will mark the turning of the season and the turning of my dark mood to a lighter brighter mood like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon.

I feel like Debbie Downer and I’m sorry,this is part of the reason I have not been blogging much lately. You know the old saying; if you don’t have anything good to say then just shut-up!

It was always said of Scrooge, that he knew how to keep Christmas well. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim would say, God bless us, every one!
Judy Blue

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i find it hard to blog when im not feeling positive, too. but i find if i force myself - and i really do have to force myself - i write some of the stuff that gets the most responses and comments. i think it helps others to know that they are not alone. plus, happy bloggers are like those horrible holiday news bulletins... you know, the ones where all the kids are above average and all the adults are happy. cheers! i will think of you and send some happy thoughts your way.

Judy Vars said...

Annie,
Thank you! I got your happy thoughts. It's not easy to share all my shit on the blog, you know what I mean.

Patti Gibbons said...

Oh do I know about S.A.D.! Here in the northeast the sun rises a bit earlier than yours, I am guessing around 7 I can see some light, then it seems to go down awfully early...5 ish? I should pay more attention. BUT I think I should get back to some sweaty exercise if it helps. I too am rejoicing that the 21st is coming..that is friday, the day my daughter and baby arrive for a week. After that the days get longer, spring WILL come, in spite of the the fact that my yard is covered in 12 plus inches of snow and ice. We have been slammed twice in a week. I do like having to stay home however, and the 2 hour delays that I get teaching.....I have one this morning in fact, as the wind whips the snow from yesterday all around. Hugs to you dear friend! patti

Anonymous said...

This ths season to be jolly fa frickin because I like this season .