Saturday, February 09, 2008

My Sons 18th Birthday


At 30+++something I got pregnant with my last child. I gave birth on a weekday at about noon a perfect baby boy, my Son.

At first I hated the idea of having another child I was already in my late 30s done with raising kids. I was getting off easy with carefree adult years ahead of me it was a great place to stop... But once I made up my mind to have another child, I vowed never to regret my decision. I've been told I hover about Porter like a huge helicopter, it's been so hard to let go and not protect and worry about him. My son has taught me so much, brought me so much joy, I am so very proud of his accomplishments he is a rock star to me. My other kids brought me much more grief than he ever did. YIKES the stories i could tell.
After out annual sourdough Pizza at the Yukon he went to see Rambo a R rated movie with his friends.
Porter is 18 and as far as our government is concerned an adult. The rest of his life just beginning ripe with possibilities and like alot of us he dosen't know what he wants to be when he grows up.

I also stand at a new phase done with raising children, when I grow up I want to be an artist my future is also pregnant with possibilities.

p.s. I will discourage my son from fighting in Uncle Sams war.

I love you son

MoM

No comments: