Monday, August 04, 2008

Louise Hay and Barbara Streisand - My Heroes


The other night I watched an interview Tavis Smiley did with Louise Hay a beautiful 81 year old woman she reminds me of my Grandma Blanche. What an inspiration back 20 some odd years ago I read her book and listened to her morning meditation and evening meditation regularly. She started out blessing everything including the toaster and the shower and repeating affirmations over and over until they were engrained in my DNA. My group of like minded friends some gay, some not, would get together in the morning and read and discuss her book "You Can Heal Your Life" in fact some of my friends went to California to help Louise in the work she was doing with people suffering and dying from AIDS.

Fast foreword twenty plus years and see a gorgeous woman obviously living every word she preaches; laughing joyfully and enjoying being in the moment.
Twentyfour years ago she was 57 and today she is 81 still going strong and helping people. She has been on Oprah lately to discuss the movie that has been made from her books and philosophy. While looking for Louise Hay in U-Tube Land I found this absolutely fantastic video and the song is a great choice. I love Barbra Streisand with all my heart and I love Louis Hay as well - I appreciate their words of healing and encouragement.
Peace, Love, Joy and Best Wishes
Judy

No comments: