Sunday, May 31, 2009

Art Therapy and G-O-D

The Universe or G-O-D has an uncanny way of answering my prayers; let me explain over the years I have had an dilettante like interest in Art Therapy. I have read articles and books on the subject and practiced it in my own creations.
The Wikipedia dictionary definition is: Art therapy is a form of expressive therapy that uses art materials, such as paints, chalk and markers. Art therapy combines traditional psychotherapeutic theories and techniques with an understanding of the psychological aspects of the creative process, especially the affective properties of the different art materials. Boring.

I am not a professional art therapist (yet) with a Masters Degree in psychology, yet because of the assemblage class I did for the Two Spirits Gallery the universe has provided me an opportunity to work with the Mental Health Consumer Web doing art workshops. I don't know everything about the psyochotherapeutic theories and techniques but I do have patient compassionate nature combined with a desire to help my fellow man. I do know how to make and facilitate the make ing of art that is individual and helps the creator understand themselves a little better.

Monday I will talk to Hossanna and more will be revealed...........Thank you once again for prayers answered.
Love
Judy

2 comments:

Patti Gibbons said...

what a great opportunity. You will do well......I am not an art therapist, but a lot of therapy goes on in my classroom while the kids are making art. Isn't God/the Universe amazing? Keep focused on what you desire, ms. p

Judy Vars said...

Thanks Patti