Thursday, September 20, 2012

Something Smells Really Fishey in Lichtenstein - Artists Scam Uncovered!


It is sad but true like P.T. Barnum said "There is a sucker born every minute" now I'm not calling artists suckers but if the shoe fits wear it, and if something smells fishy in Denmark then it probably is.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is......................................................................................the rest of the story.

Since my last rant about Frank Henderson I decided to bring this to some kind of conclusion, so I sent him another e-mail apologizing for making it hard for him to transact business saying things are difficult in the USA and saying my art is boxed and ready to go (it was). But UPS is only $150.00 and Mayor Delivery in the UK is $1,300.00 I could save him over 1,000.00 bucks!

Frank gets back in touch with me and says for less stress he prefers the delivery service.

I say ok and run two separate visa card numbers for the price of the artwork $2,500.00 and the cost of shipping 1,300.00. Equal amounts of each card.
Mayor Delivery send me an official looking invoice and say; due to their web  site being upgraded it is currently down  blah blah blah Mayor Delivery can only take wire money transfers. So I start to think............ hummmmmm that could be the SCAM put a large amount on a stolen credit card and then get the seller (me) to wire transfer to an account that could be anywhere and in any name. Frank Henderson gets $1,300 deposited by me and I get left holding the bag with the credit card company. I cannot find Mayor Delivery on Google and the phone numbers in the e-mail do not work.

My super investigating skills provide the VISA cards were issued in Belgium. VISA in Belgium tells me the card has a lot of high charges on it and asks if I know anything about them! The card is not even issued to a Frank Henderson. Now it's being investigated by the credit card fraud division. I'm trying to string him along so they can finish their investigation. Here are the last two e-mails, notice how he is trying to bully me.

Frank,
As I said before, I will wait 2 weeks before I ship the art.
This for my own piece of mind.
Please understand I do not know you.
You have been very patient with me and I appreciate it.
I will feel much better if we could speak on the telephone.
Judy
907 355-

No i cannot accept that i have been shopping over the internet and it is not like this therefore it is unacceptable i have paid you and should have my order shipped so it can meet up with my purpose.
As a fact i want you to arrange with  the courier mayor delivery now so they can ship and deliver to me over the weekend.
Looking forward to hearing from you asap
Best
Frank

As soon as I hear from VISA in Belgium I will be refunding the money. It is sad but artists and old people seem to be the target of thieves and con men, perhaps because we are optimists and want to believe in the good in the world. At least I do. Another rule I live by is to treat others the way I would like to be treated.

1 comment:

Views from Malmesbury said...

Not just artists and old people my friend, anyone who is basically honest themselves is at risk. It just shows you've a nice person. If you don't think that way you don't expect others to. At work I'm cynical and suspicious but elsewhere I'm easily fooled. Welcome to the club.